There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Last Tuesday

So in the spirit of my last blog post I thought I should mention that today is the last Tuesday that I will be a resident of Calgary (or even in Calgary) for a very long time. Next Tuesday I'm in Los Gatos, and the following one I'm in Stettler.

It was just an odd, introspective thought I had while picking up groceries today. It's really nice out by the way.

So...10 days or so since my last Blog entry. Been busy, also been waiting til everything was worked out before posting again. Which still hasn't happened so screw it. Here's what's been happening.

1) Finished my last assignments. They're not very good, but they're in and that's about all I care about to be honest.
2) Wrote exams, they went well, went drinking twice. Also went well (I exercised restraint).
3) Got an apartment over the phone. First time I've rented something sight unseen and also the first time my new landlady has rented to someone sight unseen. She said I sound "nice" though so she's ok with it.
4) Got power and internet set up at the new place. I'm gonna add a ld plan to my cel and since I can't post date a move order on cel phone service (which sounds vaguely made up to me) I can't do that til I get back.
5) Sort of bought a car (the last thing I'm waiting to hear about). In that I have wined and dined my new Honda and now am just waiting to hear that she loves me too. A.K.A Waiting on the dealership finding the colour I want and also if the fools will finance me.
6) Navigated the nightmare that is car insurance in Alberta
7) Did nothing Michael. And it was everything I thought it could be!

So yeah, somewhat busy. Alot of waiting for people to call me back which is not something I'm good at overall. Tomorrow I leave for Cali, and a week of wine, sun, wine, walking (ugh) and probably some geekery. I've already decided that my first order of business will be to watch the Finest Movie Ever Made(tm) with Amy and Randy when I get there. Cause I want to, and it's hard to find true connoisseurs that appreciate the glory of that movie.

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't take a moment of seriousness to mention that there are people in my life that are precious to me that are dealing with really rough times. I don't feel it is my place to talk specifics, but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you. And that while I'm worried now, I'm also certain that you are far stronger than anything that has happened and that you will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home