Good day
I don't even have an AK (sorry, Ice Cube from "The Predator" one of the finest albums ever made).
Today is the first time in a week I haven't woken up stressed and exhausted. Today is the first day all week that I got home before Furlak. Heck that I got home before 8.
Today is also the first of the "last" series of days. Today, you see, is the last Friday that I am in this program. Which is a fact that somewhat boggles my mind cause while sometimes I couldn't imagine it ending, I also can't believe it's been 8 months already. Seems like only yesterday I was whining about something to do with this program...wait...that was yesterday. I think I will reflect further on life and this program and general musings once it is actually done and in the books though. For now it's enough that this is the last Friday I'll be in it.
This week was final project week. For while we have 7 final projects in this term, this one was *the* final project with presentation to industry and so forth. It went pretty well I think, which is nice because it really shouldn't have considering how badly my team worked together/on this thing. But I don't want to dwell on it. It's over and it's in the books and nothing can be done either way. I called Madame Shelley during that day to talk about visiting Edmonton (which is currently being planned for late May) and apparently left a rather incoherent message indicated that I was:
1) Almost done my program
2) Very happy about that
3) Had some sort of job and visiting plan
4) Needed to write her an email cause I was so tired as to be nonsensical.
Which is fair since I went for drinks after and a pint and a half in realised I was LOADED and wandered home to sleep.
So this morning I got up around 8ish (which is sleeping in by the way) and mosied (is there a correct spelling of Moseyed I guess so) into the lab around 10 and was only there for six hours (about half what I've been doing for the last week). Which was nice. Finished another project I started two weeks ago, gonna go over it tomorrow to see if it doesn't suck. My erstwhile comrade Darren has done another one, so we have two left. Of which only programming frightens me since I suck at it. Speaking of Darren, he's a big car nut so he agreed to go help me buy a car once classes were done. Considering he owns and loves a Honda Civic, and that I want a Honda Civic...I have a suspicion we'll end up at the Honda dealership.
Technically we have finals Monday to Thursday next week, but they're worth 10% per and we're all so burnt out from this week that I don't think anyone honestly cares. I made a joke about playing "Surprise" with my finals by walking in and turning the paper over "Surprise, it's 412."
So yeah, still have to go in everyday this weekend. Probably for at least 8 hours per day. Oh, and it blizzarded all day. Like nearly zero visibility. And cold, and wet.
But not that cold. Cause you know....Good day!
Today is the first time in a week I haven't woken up stressed and exhausted. Today is the first day all week that I got home before Furlak. Heck that I got home before 8.
Today is also the first of the "last" series of days. Today, you see, is the last Friday that I am in this program. Which is a fact that somewhat boggles my mind cause while sometimes I couldn't imagine it ending, I also can't believe it's been 8 months already. Seems like only yesterday I was whining about something to do with this program...wait...that was yesterday. I think I will reflect further on life and this program and general musings once it is actually done and in the books though. For now it's enough that this is the last Friday I'll be in it.
This week was final project week. For while we have 7 final projects in this term, this one was *the* final project with presentation to industry and so forth. It went pretty well I think, which is nice because it really shouldn't have considering how badly my team worked together/on this thing. But I don't want to dwell on it. It's over and it's in the books and nothing can be done either way. I called Madame Shelley during that day to talk about visiting Edmonton (which is currently being planned for late May) and apparently left a rather incoherent message indicated that I was:
1) Almost done my program
2) Very happy about that
3) Had some sort of job and visiting plan
4) Needed to write her an email cause I was so tired as to be nonsensical.
Which is fair since I went for drinks after and a pint and a half in realised I was LOADED and wandered home to sleep.
So this morning I got up around 8ish (which is sleeping in by the way) and mosied (is there a correct spelling of Moseyed I guess so) into the lab around 10 and was only there for six hours (about half what I've been doing for the last week). Which was nice. Finished another project I started two weeks ago, gonna go over it tomorrow to see if it doesn't suck. My erstwhile comrade Darren has done another one, so we have two left. Of which only programming frightens me since I suck at it. Speaking of Darren, he's a big car nut so he agreed to go help me buy a car once classes were done. Considering he owns and loves a Honda Civic, and that I want a Honda Civic...I have a suspicion we'll end up at the Honda dealership.
Technically we have finals Monday to Thursday next week, but they're worth 10% per and we're all so burnt out from this week that I don't think anyone honestly cares. I made a joke about playing "Surprise" with my finals by walking in and turning the paper over "Surprise, it's 412."
So yeah, still have to go in everyday this weekend. Probably for at least 8 hours per day. Oh, and it blizzarded all day. Like nearly zero visibility. And cold, and wet.
But not that cold. Cause you know....Good day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home