There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Friday, April 11, 2008

I can has gainful employment?

I got the job. I'll be starting May 5th which means I'm looking at heading to California around the 28th and home by the 2nd or 3rd to get moved.

So all I have to do in the next two weeks is:
1) Not fail my program.
2) Do my taxes
3) Find an apartment in Stettler (they're sending me some listings as well as scanning the paper..it only has one issue per week...sigh)
4) Organize my move (Edmonton folks...please stop laughing)

So Yay!

YAY!

Alrighty, in return for moving to Stettler they are going to pay me about what I asked for (which I might add the Furlak said was too high!) as well as full benefits after three months. Two weeks vacation to start and an earned day off every third week.

The person I'm replacing will be there as my supervisor til September, then she's moving back to Calgary. She was there for three years, which sounds about reasonable. I'll be going with Shaw for tv/internet.

Oh, and my mother says "please don't drink too much living in a small town ok." That and "Don't panic when you see the picture your brother took of me in the river, I only broke a finger...it looks much worse." I didn't ask how she ended up in the river and she didn't volunteer that information. We're both happier this way.

So WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I won't be broke soon. Oh, and the hours are 8 - 4:30. which is a little earlier than I like but I think I'll live.

Dare I say it? I DO!

HUZZAH!

6 Comments:

Blogger cenobyte said...

YAY!

9:28 AM  
Blogger neuba said...

Wahoo!!!! Yeah for cool, regular type of job. And you are now even closer. However, does that mean I have to come to Stettler to visit?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

I would never force someone to come to Stettler. Although I may need you to tutor me in the whole "Whipping shitties" thing that small towners like.

THEY PAY ME TO GO ON VACATION!!!

Suckers!

6:40 PM  
Blogger neuba said...

Most definitely!!!

No need to force, I will gladly come to wherever you live to visit.

Good luck with exams, and have an awesome time in Cali!!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

Whipping shitties?

11:57 PM  
Blogger neuba said...

Do I really have to explain the teenage antics of small town Saskatchewan? I'd rather not.

I'd be happy to explain it to you face-to-face cenobyte. Come visit!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home