"Tomorrow will be a little chilly"
Gotta love Calgary. A "little chilly" has turned out to mean it's a blizzard outside. So yesterday was day 1 of "work from home" since I was getting a good flow with my programming work. Today was supposed to be "work at the lab" day since then I could work on the server assignment due tomorrow as well as finishing my tree inventory for GPS.
"What's a tree inventory?" You ask. Why that's where your hero (that's me!) goes outside and collects GPS positions next to about 300 trees on campus. I collected the first 100 on Monday (took about 90 minutes) and was planning to finish today except for the whole blizzard thing.
Oh, and I got an email from my instructor informing the class that people have been editing the original dataset on the server (which we were supposed to be using to practice versioning with) so he has to reset it tonight. Which means I can't work on it anyway without risking using tainted data.
Wheeee
So "work from home day 2" begins. Fortunately I make a habit of having my assignments on my mem stick so I have stuff to do today.
In other, non-work, news. Ottawa got murdered last night. It wasn't that they lost 4-0 that has me sad, it's more that they just looked over matched the entire game. It's like Sidney Crosby said last year when these two teams met "It felt like they had 8 guys on the ice." when explaining why Ottawa manhandled them so badly. Watching the game I really don't see how Ottawa can have much of a chance.
See Ottawa didn't play very well. But they didn't play poorly either. Pittsburgh is just that good. One mistake, goal, another mistake, goal. It was like that. The worst part is that, and everyone should be aware of how fanatical I am about Ottawa, I don't particularly want Pittsburgh to lose. I mean Crosby et all seem so excited about the game, and they play that way. They really are fun to watch. And I swear Crosby is either secretly 40 years old or he just has the same people that Tiger Woods has cause you never hear a bad thing about that kid. So he's either pretty much a saint or he has made some really wise hirings when it came to his entourage.
Calgary won, yay, so that's good news. The game itself was pretty good and I think it will be a tight series.
I really hope this weather keeps up for another couple days to be honest. While I can't go (yay school) it should make for an amazing boarding experience for the furlak.
But it's Calgary. The weather network is already predicting 18 degrees tomorrow...so who knows.
"What's a tree inventory?" You ask. Why that's where your hero (that's me!) goes outside and collects GPS positions next to about 300 trees on campus. I collected the first 100 on Monday (took about 90 minutes) and was planning to finish today except for the whole blizzard thing.
Oh, and I got an email from my instructor informing the class that people have been editing the original dataset on the server (which we were supposed to be using to practice versioning with) so he has to reset it tonight. Which means I can't work on it anyway without risking using tainted data.
Wheeee
So "work from home day 2" begins. Fortunately I make a habit of having my assignments on my mem stick so I have stuff to do today.
In other, non-work, news. Ottawa got murdered last night. It wasn't that they lost 4-0 that has me sad, it's more that they just looked over matched the entire game. It's like Sidney Crosby said last year when these two teams met "It felt like they had 8 guys on the ice." when explaining why Ottawa manhandled them so badly. Watching the game I really don't see how Ottawa can have much of a chance.
See Ottawa didn't play very well. But they didn't play poorly either. Pittsburgh is just that good. One mistake, goal, another mistake, goal. It was like that. The worst part is that, and everyone should be aware of how fanatical I am about Ottawa, I don't particularly want Pittsburgh to lose. I mean Crosby et all seem so excited about the game, and they play that way. They really are fun to watch. And I swear Crosby is either secretly 40 years old or he just has the same people that Tiger Woods has cause you never hear a bad thing about that kid. So he's either pretty much a saint or he has made some really wise hirings when it came to his entourage.
Calgary won, yay, so that's good news. The game itself was pretty good and I think it will be a tight series.
I really hope this weather keeps up for another couple days to be honest. While I can't go (yay school) it should make for an amazing boarding experience for the furlak.
But it's Calgary. The weather network is already predicting 18 degrees tomorrow...so who knows.

1 Comments:
How can you not cheer for a team that uses Penguins as their mascot?
(Look at that! Did you see that? cenobyte knew a hockey thing!)
Post a Comment
<< Home