There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Catching my breath

Ok, so wow. Time sure can sail by.

Ok, so here we go.

School: School is hectic. The lack of books is not helping anything of course, but I'll sort that out today and tomorrow. It really is going to be an interesting and hard year.

I really thought I'd have more to say about that. Who knew?

Work: Quit my job. I'm going to try to keep things undercontrol expense wise. I just don't think I have the time to do both school and work. And, more importantly, I don't think I can be professional at Rics. There's so much petty drama that doesn't matter. I had trouble pretending to care when I wasn't in school...also I can't even imagine how much of a pain I would be if I had to stop working on a project to go stand around for 3 hours on a slow night.

If money grows tight, or if school isn't as hard as it has been, then I might go back in November/December for some money. Val (my boss) has made it clear that I am welcome to do that. Which is nice of her.

Personal life: Yu huh. They call this program the "relationship breaker". Seriously, I talked to an ex-student who told me that he felt the only reason his marriage survived him being in the program was because his wife had pushed him to enroll in it. In essence being able to say "You told me to do this" kept her from leaving him when he went weeks without seeing his family. That all sounds very melodramatic to me, but it does sum up my likelyhood for romance in the next year. Combine one part of "Ben doesn't want to start seeing anyone right now" with two parts "Ben won't see the light of day for the next 8 months" and you get a single cocktail. Probably a martini. Though I must admit a slight desire to hit on some of the women at work. I mean I have nothing to lose there.

In other news. The Office Season 3 is out. Man I love that show. But even I, crazed fan that I am, have to admit that the show is changing. I don't think it will be the same show I fell in love with in another year or two. Not that this is a bad thing really, I mean Something Positive is really not the same comic as it used to be and I still like it. The Office does have its moments though. The Christmas episode continues in the vein of being one of the stronger ones.

September 27 is the season 4 season premiere. They are even doing 4 1 hour shows in a row. So the show is doing great (something like 9 emmy nominations) and I'm pretty pleased. Except that it's probably in the same time slot as Grey's Anatomy...

Oh, as to me. I'm awesome. School is freaking me out a little. Though it is a good sign that I keep calling it "work" since that is how I view it. As opposed to "optional" which is how I've viewed school in the past. Once I have all the books and so on I'm sure I'll be alot less freaked out.

2 Comments:

Blogger neuba said...

You'll do awesome! I have all the confidence in the world in you.

When we gonna hang out again? We should make a plan. Miss you.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slave to the grind. That doesn't sound like the Bne I know. Maybe the world is changing.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home