Must update blog...
Rick Mercer is pretty damn awesome.
Yup, served him tonight. Seems he's in town to shoot a segment at the U of A today, then off to a military base near Edmonton tomorrow, and he was at my restaurant tonight.
Which was way cool. I wish I could tell you that I was blase about things, but really I (like a certain Cenobyte) spent the evening trying not to tell him how cool he is. I, unlike the aforementioned woman, actually succeeded, although there were several times when he could tell I wanted to say something and kept patiently waiting for me. I said "How is everything?" alot more than I normally do. But I figured it was better than "You...Are...A....GOD!"
Oh, and he tips heavily. So all around awesome. And he ordered the only Canadian steak on the menu.
Oh and Simon, if you read this...Cenobyte thinks you're cool. Just fyi.
In other news it is under 110 hours until my love arrives in Edmonton. And it's only 151 hours until she starts her new job. Not that I'm completely and totally excited about it or anything.
Yup, served him tonight. Seems he's in town to shoot a segment at the U of A today, then off to a military base near Edmonton tomorrow, and he was at my restaurant tonight.
Which was way cool. I wish I could tell you that I was blase about things, but really I (like a certain Cenobyte) spent the evening trying not to tell him how cool he is. I, unlike the aforementioned woman, actually succeeded, although there were several times when he could tell I wanted to say something and kept patiently waiting for me. I said "How is everything?" alot more than I normally do. But I figured it was better than "You...Are...A....GOD!"
Oh, and he tips heavily. So all around awesome. And he ordered the only Canadian steak on the menu.
Oh and Simon, if you read this...Cenobyte thinks you're cool. Just fyi.
In other news it is under 110 hours until my love arrives in Edmonton. And it's only 151 hours until she starts her new job. Not that I'm completely and totally excited about it or anything.

3 Comments:
okay, you know what? I was really really drunk. That was also the night I had the out-loud running commentary going and frightened the bejeezus out of the Slev lady because I had a rather vicious argument with myself about whether to buy gum.
A crazy man just strode past my office screaming lyrics to some song on his headphones. Badly.
When you see Mr. Mercer again, tell him to update his blog more regularly.
:)
C: For all that, it was still pretty funny. As was Simon's reaction to the news that he was cool.
(snicker)
I often have to take a second sook when I see someone in a power suit apparently talking to themselves. Damn Bluetooth earpieces.
Post a Comment
<< Home