It's not easy being green
Ok, so I feel compelled to answer Cenobyte's charge in the last post.
Yes, I used to turn green. Seriously. Once in a while I'd sorta turn green. It didn't hurt, or feel different, just someone would mention it and I'd go look in the mirror and sure enough my skin would have a distinctly Olive cast to it. Well, more hunter green then olive.
It was odd but I can only assume normal since not once did I ever GET SICK while my skin was green.
In other news I'm mostly better finally. My body is at the last stages of evicting the unwanted guests, a process that I expect to take another day or two. After all it would be rude to rush them.
Yes, I used to turn green. Seriously. Once in a while I'd sorta turn green. It didn't hurt, or feel different, just someone would mention it and I'd go look in the mirror and sure enough my skin would have a distinctly Olive cast to it. Well, more hunter green then olive.
It was odd but I can only assume normal since not once did I ever GET SICK while my skin was green.
In other news I'm mostly better finally. My body is at the last stages of evicting the unwanted guests, a process that I expect to take another day or two. After all it would be rude to rush them.

5 Comments:
It was NOT normal, I kept telling you it was iron deficiency. They even used to call it greensick or "chlorosis" back in the Victorian days when people got nutrition-based illnesses based on ignorance rather than stupidity.
Shocking that Bne would get a nutritional deficiency based illness. I was under the impression that Junior Mints for breakfast were the peak of the nutritional pyramid. :P
Perhaps when you are feeling better we can get together...I have been staying away as I don't want to wreck this 1 1/2 year stretch of not catching any sort of illnes.
Oh, and by the way, I bought a house. Yipee.
I don't think that we talk about stupidity-based illnesses enough, Amy. Thanks for that-I'm going to go cogitate on this for a bit.
And again, *chronic stuff deficiency* **IS** sickness. It's just not sniffly rhinovirus (ha-ha; you got sick from a rhinocerous!). I'm pretty sure if you asked around, even the unedumacated, unwashed masses who don't have degrees in pathology, if you asked around, "hey, do you think that a person turning green for a month without the use of cosmetics would be considered being sick?", most people, before backing away slowly and not breaking eye-contact, would say "yes".
Post a Comment
<< Home