There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Things that make me happy!

So this weekend I continued The Girl's Education in "All Things Jet Li". Last weekend she watched (and loved) Hero. This weekend was Unleashed. If you have not seen either or both of those movies...SHAME! Go now, watch them. I'll wait.

And while I love those movies, they did not spark this post. No, you see she also saw Anchorman, which features the finest pickup line ever which has now been made into a song!!!

So awesome. I know Rillination at least will recognize the purest awesome of which this is formed...

In other news, speaking of awesome (yes, that's what passes for a seque these days) I was at The Wedding of Doom!!! I have no pictures to post (perhaps later) and given the lack of pictures from NY/Phili...I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. It was perfect. Things were forgotten, people were late. People cried. I was incoherent on the Mic (but *not* completely tactless...I was shocked too!).

Anyway, big ups and so forth to my peeps from The Victorian Age (ok, I don't remember the real name for the time period and I will CHEERFULLY point out that it isn't listed in Wikipedia.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cori said...

Regency.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Clark said...

Wikipedia has not failed you, you have failed wikipedia :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Regency

It's a brief sub-period in the Georgian Era.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Indeed, and it is there in the link you posted, but it is shown as Napoleonic instead of Regency.

Again, you have failed wiki.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Bne said...

I did not fail Wiki. Let's review.

If I *knew* the name of the period, then I could find it.

If I didn't, then I would think that time period was called "Napoleonic".

In no way does the general search for time periods provide me with the answer regency. Which I would assume a general encyclopedia would.

Thus I am forced to conclude that y'all invented this time period.

10:24 PM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

I'm with Bne on this one.

Nasty Inventors. Pffft.

"Regency period"...up there somewhere with the Sasquatch and those little things on the bottoms of chairs that are supposed to stop your floor from getting scratched but never actually do because they disappear somewhere what is most likely the same place left socks get to after they've been in the warsh.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home