$34 a head
So last night we did the Relay for Life. I managed to both nap for about two hours on a too small hammock and also not get my ass kicked for snoring, so better than I expected.
I has a big old blister (and have had "Blister in the Sun" in my head all morning) and I'm tired and sore and it was freaking cold sleeping under the stars and it was a ton of fun.
Also Stettler raised just over $174,000. Which works out to about $34 per man, woman, and child in this town. Of course the County residents put up money too, so it's closer to $17 per, but still. I was blown away.
The County raised about $3,000. We did hit up the Minister for Infrastructure for some bucks, which was funny.
I'm pretty proud of the work my community did here. Not gonna lie. It seems that the money will be staying in Alberta, so maybe they can start paying the grad students a decent wage. :-)
I has a big old blister (and have had "Blister in the Sun" in my head all morning) and I'm tired and sore and it was freaking cold sleeping under the stars and it was a ton of fun.
Also Stettler raised just over $174,000. Which works out to about $34 per man, woman, and child in this town. Of course the County residents put up money too, so it's closer to $17 per, but still. I was blown away.
The County raised about $3,000. We did hit up the Minister for Infrastructure for some bucks, which was funny.
I'm pretty proud of the work my community did here. Not gonna lie. It seems that the money will be staying in Alberta, so maybe they can start paying the grad students a decent wage. :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home