There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Facebook killed the blogosphere star!

Which is certainly true except that I don't ever Facebook ever either (Facebook actually sends me emails to ask me to come back. It seems it misses me and wants to remind me of the good times we once shared!)

But mostly I wanted to remember the great roadtrip of whatever year that was where we broke into... *cough* I mean "entered completely legally" Gardener Dam (and no I am not going to go look up the correct name and spelling of said Dam since I suspect it's Gardiner) and passed "Killer's Crafts and Services" (which was closed on Sunday and thus we do not, to this day, know what the going rate is on a killin') and, most importantly, listened to the Presidents of the United States cover of "Video Killed The Radio Star" about two hundred times.

Oh...oooh Oh.

However none of those things were enough to break the two month silence of the greatest blog on the planet (tm) but rather a completely different memory.

For those that don't know what the crap I'm talking about (which, at this stage, is about 2 of my three regular readers) I take you back a few years to when Furious B was living with a man named Dave. This night in particular D had been enjoying a tipple at Earl's and, on returning home, found the lot of us playing some game or another. He then announced that B-dawg should "have a gummy bear, they're in my pocket and nice and soft and squishy" to the unending hilarity of everyone except Buttery-B.

Ah the memories.

Rather than hit you all with a massive wall of text, instead I will leave it at that but with the certainty that someday soon I'll detail all the changes in my work life (there have been a couple) and also maybe my trip to Philidelphia and New York (Hey B, I punched Rocky in the junk).

But not today. Today is about basking in the memory of my previous exploits!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that tipple was more of a topple. But those were odd times.

I'm hoping you have photos of your below-the-belt-shot on the Stallion. One day, I'll run up those steps like a crazy Japanese tourist. Then, I'll learn to box in a black man's gym so I can kill a Russian.

Cheers?

Brennan

8:59 PM  
Blogger neuba said...

Hey...you've resurfaced. I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Whazzzup?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

I swear I have photos, I just need to get them sent to me by the Furlak!

And you'll be pleased to know I actually felt unsafe assaulting the statue. Philidelphiers do love da Stallone (there were people there filming each other running the stairs on a Sunday night).

HI MARCIA!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Bne said...

Oh and Brennan. John, the guy who we stayed with in Phili, has a Rocky Robe. It says "Italian Stallion" on it and everything. Tragically I forgot to wear it that night but I'm sure it could be gotten for you to wear before you run the stairs!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do more than wear that robe.

-Brennan

9:34 PM  
Blogger cenobyte said...

It *is* Gardiner. And I'd forgotten about the goin' rate on a killin'. I was there just the other day. Gardiner Dam, not "Killer's Crafts and Services", which I'm not sure is still there. Because I didn't see it. I did not look everywhere, however.

I did point out to the feverish and Not At All Well Nipper in the backseat that a couple of crazy men I used to know once risked their lives by running across the spillway, at least one of them not knowing the real danger he was in until he heard the roar of the water held back by a few inches of steel right beside him.

I also pointed out what a *terrible* idea it is to sprint across the spillway, and pointed out the RCMP truck that now appears to be permanently stationed at one side. I suspect that development is entirely your fault. Also, the Dam is still there. You should come visit it.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home