Conspiracy Theories
So tomorrow will be Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, which I suppose would be really exciting except for the fact that I'm losing interest in hockey over all and, more importantly, I'm beginning to suspect that the whole thing is rigged.
See this is like what, the fourth of fifth time in a row that the Stanley Cup has gone to game 7. I don't recall if last year did or not, but the last couple before that sure did.
And it brings to mind Furlak's comments after the Edmonton Carolina series. That it was almost like Carolina threw game 6, they were such a different team then the one that worked Edmonton in game 7.
So now I'm left wondering. Does the home team win every game in the playoffs because of the boost from being home or because the NHL has so declared it to be.
Either way I won't be watching. While I wouldn't mind, I'm volunteering with Relay For Life tomorrow which involves going to sleep in a tent within easy commuting distance of my apartment and walking around a track all night. Seriously. From 7pm to 7am. Cause "Cancer never sleeps". Which is kind of dumb, but I get the point, being that we're going for a dramatic statement.
However given the obvious adverse effects of poor sleep hygiene, It still doesn't make sense from a healthy option sort of perspective. Ah well. I'll bring my ipod and a book, maybe some cards too. Oooh! I could bring an extension cord and my xbox!
See this is like what, the fourth of fifth time in a row that the Stanley Cup has gone to game 7. I don't recall if last year did or not, but the last couple before that sure did.
And it brings to mind Furlak's comments after the Edmonton Carolina series. That it was almost like Carolina threw game 6, they were such a different team then the one that worked Edmonton in game 7.
So now I'm left wondering. Does the home team win every game in the playoffs because of the boost from being home or because the NHL has so declared it to be.
Either way I won't be watching. While I wouldn't mind, I'm volunteering with Relay For Life tomorrow which involves going to sleep in a tent within easy commuting distance of my apartment and walking around a track all night. Seriously. From 7pm to 7am. Cause "Cancer never sleeps". Which is kind of dumb, but I get the point, being that we're going for a dramatic statement.
However given the obvious adverse effects of poor sleep hygiene, It still doesn't make sense from a healthy option sort of perspective. Ah well. I'll bring my ipod and a book, maybe some cards too. Oooh! I could bring an extension cord and my xbox!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home