Weekends and good times (mildly sappy)
So this last weekend I was in Saskatoon for a day. And no, I didn't call anyone. It was mi madre's birthday and I was pretty much booked solid what with driving in, dinner, not going to a play (I did school work, so don't bug me about that two hours!), and then her party that went to (and I kid you not) 2am.
Cause she' s old. But not so old she can't keep things humming along until two in the freaking morning.
So then yesterday I got up and drove back to the Stett.
It was actually a really nice time over all. Dinner was nice, the play was terrible (but I didn't go), and the party was really well put together by her friend Anne. Oh and Mom said the nicest thing she's said to me in awhile. We'd had this chat about work etiquette and such and she commented off-handedly that she was kind of stunned by how different I was from that guy what left Saskatoon four years ago. Also, more importantly, that although she of course has always loved me, she actually really likes who I am now as well.
It's particularly sweet because we had our usual mini-power struggles and fights all weekend too. So it wasn't like I was being particularly pleasant...
Oh, and she's 65 now. She told me that, then when I said it like a minute later she cuffed me and said "Shush, you don't get to say my age." So hah! I'm typing it and she can't beat me until next time she sees me (and IF she remembers).
In other news, I have a certain sympathy for Ironman since I have this one project that is helping me develop a fine eye twitch. My transformation into his stalker/clone is coming along just fine. Well except that I think I actually weight twice as much as he does these days (seriously, I'm 240 pounds...I stopped going to the gym for a week and I LOST weight). So maybe I'm twice the man he is? I have reached the "if I want to get into better shape I need to give up cake" plateau. Which is probably where I'm gonna stay since I exercise so I can eat cake, so it would defeat the purpose if I quit eating cake. So sayeth I!
Edit: I almost forgot. The penny didn't dissolve. It's just really clean now. So I'm going to repeat the experiment with an American penny to see if that matters.
Cause she' s old. But not so old she can't keep things humming along until two in the freaking morning.
So then yesterday I got up and drove back to the Stett.
It was actually a really nice time over all. Dinner was nice, the play was terrible (but I didn't go), and the party was really well put together by her friend Anne. Oh and Mom said the nicest thing she's said to me in awhile. We'd had this chat about work etiquette and such and she commented off-handedly that she was kind of stunned by how different I was from that guy what left Saskatoon four years ago. Also, more importantly, that although she of course has always loved me, she actually really likes who I am now as well.
It's particularly sweet because we had our usual mini-power struggles and fights all weekend too. So it wasn't like I was being particularly pleasant...
Oh, and she's 65 now. She told me that, then when I said it like a minute later she cuffed me and said "Shush, you don't get to say my age." So hah! I'm typing it and she can't beat me until next time she sees me (and IF she remembers).
In other news, I have a certain sympathy for Ironman since I have this one project that is helping me develop a fine eye twitch. My transformation into his stalker/clone is coming along just fine. Well except that I think I actually weight twice as much as he does these days (seriously, I'm 240 pounds...I stopped going to the gym for a week and I LOST weight). So maybe I'm twice the man he is? I have reached the "if I want to get into better shape I need to give up cake" plateau. Which is probably where I'm gonna stay since I exercise so I can eat cake, so it would defeat the purpose if I quit eating cake. So sayeth I!
Edit: I almost forgot. The penny didn't dissolve. It's just really clean now. So I'm going to repeat the experiment with an American penny to see if that matters.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home