There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

BC and Beyond!

This photo doesn't do Revelstoke justice. It's a gorgeous mountain to ride and I heartily recommend it especially since it's pretty new (the riding part not the moutain...the mountain has been there a while) and so not too expensive.

The green run winds its way down the mountain. It's about 20 feet wide with a sheer cliff on both sides which makes for some "exciting" moments when you're learning to snowboard accelerating towards said cliff side. On the other hand it does make for plesant rest breaks since the view is fan-freaking-tastic.

As it turns out missing Lake Louise was no biggie since we heard from fellow enthusiasts that the conditions there were awful. In fact to be specific the couple who had flown in from Ontario to have a ski weekend said that they thought the resort lied about how much snow they got. So yay us! We only got about a half day at Revelstoke since we had to press on to Chiliwack (and Furlak's Sinister) and it was starting to snow. Which was too bad and, had we been psychic, we probably would have stayed there for like a week.

So we hit the road and I must say...BC...too damn many trees! I mean seriously, who needs that many trees?!? They just go on and on. You can't trust them either. Just when you think you're on good terms they kill a bunch of celebrities.



So the drive through the mountains was somewhat exciting (other than the trees, always scheming...bastards) since it was snowing nicely and then raining and in general was some very challenging weather. Sadly I don't have a picture of the "dumbest decision I made driving" wherein I passed a truck through 2 foot deep slush on top of ice. I didn't know it was a stupid plan until we got alongside and the slush coming off the truck showered my windshield and I couldn't see a damn thing for about 15 seconds while my wipers tried desperately to clear it off (and being slush I just ended up with a thin film of muck that needed wiper fluid to clear. But we lived, so no harm no foul!

I do feel the need (since this is a massive picture dump post) to take a moment to acknowledge (and also a shout out to my time narrating SbN since I typed the word "acknowledged" like 400 times) the sheer inadequacy of my windshield wipers on this trip. They're terrible. Here's proof!



I don't remember which mountain view highway this was taken on. There were many throughout the trip, but you can see the lovely streaks on my windshield.
sigh

And no, I still haven't replaced the wipers. It's on the agenda though!




So we drove through the day and arrived in the Chilliwack and met the Sinister of the Furlak. We spent the rest of the day doing mundane things like buying groceries, watching the superbowl (it was a good one actually) and then rocking out with the rock band until the whee hours (wee hours?) Then to bed because the next day is the Furlak's Sinister's first time ever snowboarding! We're GOING TO WHISTLER BAAAABY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home