One of those days
So yesterday was "one of those days" where the people I deal with got more complicated.
I spent a solid 90 minutes in a meeting with a developer debating the level of security we would require before he could sell lots in his development (it's even more boring than I make it sound) which normally wouldn't be a big deal since the industry standard is that we want 100% security in case his company goes belly up, and he wants to have 0%. Which was the County standard because the previous administration believed in some very risky decision making. The new admin recognizes that our ratepayers don't like the idea of being on the hook for $250,000 if the developer disappears.
Then I had some other stuff that I've decided doesn't go in this blog.
Then I got a call from the mother of one of the kids I volunteer with to inform me that she's at the end of her rope with her kid. I'm gonna preface this by saying that this is the kid who is unfailing polite, energetic, interested in everything, and generally a joy to be around. This is the kid who likes to eat at the table and tell me about his school week. Seriously I cannot stress enough how much I like this kid.
And he's a bully. It seems that he had an altercation with another kid (who tripped him) so he went and got two of his friends and they jumped said other kid. So he got sent home. And this is the third time this year he's done something like this.
And, here's the bonus awesome part, this kid's dad apparently responded to the other two incidents (which also came with suspensions) by bragging about how tough his kid was. So he's a fan-freaking-tastic influence.
So on top of that, because as mentioned this was one of those days. I asked around for advice since I have no kids. And, in asking around, found out that my bosses boss had a son who was bullied so badly that he killed himself.
So yeah. Just an emotionally exhausting day.
So today after work I'm going to have a "coffee" with the one kid. Then I'm hanging out with the other. Then I have some last minute packing to do on the offchance that my new land lady CALLS ME BACK so I can get my keys to the new place and move like I've planned to (and have people coming to help me).
Cause you know. I'd like to be able to get in without having to knock in a window.
For a week in which there were only four workdays. And one of those days was "Safety Day" (we played golf) it sure was a long one.
I spent a solid 90 minutes in a meeting with a developer debating the level of security we would require before he could sell lots in his development (it's even more boring than I make it sound) which normally wouldn't be a big deal since the industry standard is that we want 100% security in case his company goes belly up, and he wants to have 0%. Which was the County standard because the previous administration believed in some very risky decision making. The new admin recognizes that our ratepayers don't like the idea of being on the hook for $250,000 if the developer disappears.
Then I had some other stuff that I've decided doesn't go in this blog.
Then I got a call from the mother of one of the kids I volunteer with to inform me that she's at the end of her rope with her kid. I'm gonna preface this by saying that this is the kid who is unfailing polite, energetic, interested in everything, and generally a joy to be around. This is the kid who likes to eat at the table and tell me about his school week. Seriously I cannot stress enough how much I like this kid.
And he's a bully. It seems that he had an altercation with another kid (who tripped him) so he went and got two of his friends and they jumped said other kid. So he got sent home. And this is the third time this year he's done something like this.
And, here's the bonus awesome part, this kid's dad apparently responded to the other two incidents (which also came with suspensions) by bragging about how tough his kid was. So he's a fan-freaking-tastic influence.
So on top of that, because as mentioned this was one of those days. I asked around for advice since I have no kids. And, in asking around, found out that my bosses boss had a son who was bullied so badly that he killed himself.
So yeah. Just an emotionally exhausting day.
So today after work I'm going to have a "coffee" with the one kid. Then I'm hanging out with the other. Then I have some last minute packing to do on the offchance that my new land lady CALLS ME BACK so I can get my keys to the new place and move like I've planned to (and have people coming to help me).
Cause you know. I'd like to be able to get in without having to knock in a window.
For a week in which there were only four workdays. And one of those days was "Safety Day" (we played golf) it sure was a long one.

1 Comments:
hugs are in order. *hug*
Post a Comment
<< Home