Go Go Britain's Got Talent
First, on the off chance you live under a rock and haven't seen it.
Susan Boyle
And now, as impressively (or more so)
The Stavros lads!
Enjoy!
EDIT: Also, the American penny is also not melting in the coca-cola. Obviously this leads me to conclude that coke is perfectly safe and I can drink as much as I like.
Susan Boyle
And now, as impressively (or more so)
The Stavros lads!
Enjoy!
EDIT: Also, the American penny is also not melting in the coca-cola. Obviously this leads me to conclude that coke is perfectly safe and I can drink as much as I like.

5 Comments:
Wait, the penny is about the safety of drinking Coca-Cola? Your stomach is not made of a copper-nickel alloy!
The pH of stomach acid is in the neighborhood of 2, which is low enough to digest both metal and teeth. The most acidic Coca-Cola is pH 2.5. Assuming the pH regulating systems of the stomach are not insane (which it's not, it's a highly awesome system of both positive and negative feedback mediated by a complex of hormones and some nervous action), you won't raise the pH of your stomach acid by drinking coke.
However, if you do need to clean the rust off of fence nails, my grandfather swears that there's nothing better than Coca-Cola.
Blah blah blah...something about a PhD or some such.
So, to sum up, I won't raise (or lower?) the pH of my stomach by drinking coca cola. Thus it must be safe since it doesn't change anything.
Thanks Furlak!!!
I told you the penny wouldn't dissolve. Copper just doesn't oxidize that rapidly.
But you should be worrying about your teeth, not your stomach. If you have a spare tooth lying around (what, you don't?) try leaving that in some Coke. I bet you get more dramatic results.
ooh! I don't have any spare teeth, but I do have a supply of 10 and 11 year old children which could probably spare one.
FOR SCIENCE!
You know what would work great on that penny *AND* on the stomach *AND* on the teeth?
Battery acid. That stuff cleans like nobody's business.
Post a Comment
<< Home