"I did nothing Michael, and it was everything I thought it could be!"
Today was a very nice lazy day for me. Got up late, had a muffin, decided not to do anything outside the apartment really. I'm in the process now of making an egg salad sandwhich for a late lunch before heading out to meet up with Sophia's sister and significant other in about 3 hours. The eggs are still too hot (did I mention that this would sometimes be boring?) so I'm sitting down with a glass of coke and some paprika flavoured crisps (oddly tasty actually, but no ketchup) to write this. I have some hard choices to make over then next couple of days.
Now by "hard choices" I don't mean "Which of the conjoined twins are you going to save, doctor?" No I mean more the "My sorority needs you to be a judge in the lap dance compeitition" type of thing. I've made a tentative plan for the month of August. July is pretty much booked with London, JP arriving next monday, the trip out to run around in Sherwood forest (Whee!), the trip to Stonehenge, and whatever else I feel like doing. I have been forwarned that Stonehenge is, in fact, quite lame. But then it's a bunch of rocks, I'm not expecting much. Apparently Stonehenge on the solstice is pretty intense though.
I've decided to invade Europe in August. I'm booking a Eurorail pass, and so have decided to start in Paris (I know I said I'd skip the french, but I have to start somewhere, and I've discovered that not all museums suck), then off I go to Barcelona (turns out Sophia is the hookup for a place to stay there) then maybe Madrid, then Venice/Rome/Florence/Vatican City (probably not so much the Catholics though) and then I'm thinking Budapest, maybe Bucharest (for some reason I feel a gut urge to go to Romania, don't know why) and then Berlin and end up in Dresden. Dresden has two very good reasons to be there. One, apparently it's cool and old and broken. Two, it's just across the border from Prague, so it makes for the quickest overland route since the train pass doesn't cover the Czech Republic. Then into Prague (again Sophia is the hookup for a place to stay) then down the road to Brno (however you say that?) since I can fly from Brno to London (not heathrow of course) for about £50 in total (something like $102 canadian).
Now that means no trip to Ireland or Scotland for me. I'm actually tempted to try to talk JP into day tripping it (or overnighting at least) since I can book a flight from London to Dublin for £30 all in (yes including taxes and such) which is insane!
No, the hard choices are purely time related. You see I can either leave on the first, and miss seeing This Morn Omina and the associated gothness (they have a dress code http://www.slimelight.net/Sportal/content/view/10/11/) which is the Boo, or I can leave on the 6th (overnight bus to Paris) and then only have about 21 days to pack in everything. I'm leaning towards the second option to be honest but I wanted to sort of talk it out.
Then there's the whole timetable of how long in each city and travel time and such. I've been avoiding overplanning anything for this (and it shows!) but I feel I may need to make some sort of plan so that I can get everywhere I really want to go, and not discover that I've slated 3 days for Venice, and I'm done in 1 kind of thing....unlikely, but possible or, more likely, that I run out of time and don't even make it to Budapest).
Yup, once more...tough life I lead.
In other news, I fixed the comments thing (Thanks Rill) so anyone can comment know. And I..well..that's about it actually. Aah the slackness...
Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I think I'm hitting Camden town for clothes and hilarity...
Now by "hard choices" I don't mean "Which of the conjoined twins are you going to save, doctor?" No I mean more the "My sorority needs you to be a judge in the lap dance compeitition" type of thing. I've made a tentative plan for the month of August. July is pretty much booked with London, JP arriving next monday, the trip out to run around in Sherwood forest (Whee!), the trip to Stonehenge, and whatever else I feel like doing. I have been forwarned that Stonehenge is, in fact, quite lame. But then it's a bunch of rocks, I'm not expecting much. Apparently Stonehenge on the solstice is pretty intense though.
I've decided to invade Europe in August. I'm booking a Eurorail pass, and so have decided to start in Paris (I know I said I'd skip the french, but I have to start somewhere, and I've discovered that not all museums suck), then off I go to Barcelona (turns out Sophia is the hookup for a place to stay there) then maybe Madrid, then Venice/Rome/Florence/Vatican City (probably not so much the Catholics though) and then I'm thinking Budapest, maybe Bucharest (for some reason I feel a gut urge to go to Romania, don't know why) and then Berlin and end up in Dresden. Dresden has two very good reasons to be there. One, apparently it's cool and old and broken. Two, it's just across the border from Prague, so it makes for the quickest overland route since the train pass doesn't cover the Czech Republic. Then into Prague (again Sophia is the hookup for a place to stay) then down the road to Brno (however you say that?) since I can fly from Brno to London (not heathrow of course) for about £50 in total (something like $102 canadian).
Now that means no trip to Ireland or Scotland for me. I'm actually tempted to try to talk JP into day tripping it (or overnighting at least) since I can book a flight from London to Dublin for £30 all in (yes including taxes and such) which is insane!
No, the hard choices are purely time related. You see I can either leave on the first, and miss seeing This Morn Omina and the associated gothness (they have a dress code http://www.slimelight.net/Sportal/content/view/10/11/) which is the Boo, or I can leave on the 6th (overnight bus to Paris) and then only have about 21 days to pack in everything. I'm leaning towards the second option to be honest but I wanted to sort of talk it out.
Then there's the whole timetable of how long in each city and travel time and such. I've been avoiding overplanning anything for this (and it shows!) but I feel I may need to make some sort of plan so that I can get everywhere I really want to go, and not discover that I've slated 3 days for Venice, and I'm done in 1 kind of thing....unlikely, but possible or, more likely, that I run out of time and don't even make it to Budapest).
Yup, once more...tough life I lead.
In other news, I fixed the comments thing (Thanks Rill) so anyone can comment know. And I..well..that's about it actually. Aah the slackness...
Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I think I'm hitting Camden town for clothes and hilarity...

1 Comments:
Camden town is a very intersting place. I hope that you enjoyed it. I certaintly did.
We just got your postcard, you bastard!
Post a Comment
<< Home