There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Argh

Ok, so this technically has nothing to do with my upcoming trip. But I'm sitting here, with a sore throat (Am I eating chicken noodle soup? Yup) reading my email when that guy what lives down the hall from me emails me this link.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2006/07/09/senators-havlat-trade.html

Now the plus side is that Chicago is where me mum is from (working on my bad accent for when I get to England) and so I can still cheer for Havlat. The minus side is that, well, if I have to explain why trading the most talented forward in the game today (suck it Oleg and Sid) for a decent defenceman and two prospects and a second round pick is aggravating then you probably don't care anyway. It looks for all the world like a salary cap issue. Ah well.

On more related news, I still await word from my guarantor. He is perhaps the single most cautious person on the planet, so even though he is both a member of the bar and a notary (I think he said that anyway) he still wants to be certain he can act as a guarantor. I knew that heading in though so I really have no right to complain. That and, like they say in prison, "It ain't like I got a choice". As always having all my ID and being able to certify I am me means nothing to the government unless someone with a better job then I vouches that I am me. I also feel I should give "Dai Tsuchi", as he was nicknamed, a big shout out Thanks!!! for doing it since he really didn't have to and it will save me a lot of time and effort.

Edit: Dai Tsuchi came through. Awesome! If anyone knows where I can score the Japanese language version of Call of Cthulu in Europe I want to grab it for him as a Thanks present.

Also, just got an email for Tharnok. Seems Chara signed with Boston last month. Shoot me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home