There And Back Again, The Wanderings of an Unoriginal Bastard

Word on the street is that there are people that carefully plot out their entire lives. I am not one of those.

Name:
Location: Depends what day it is

So there I was, bored at work, when I think "Why not just quit my job and go to Europe for awhile?" Still can't think of a reason not to.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Touchdown!

In this case though, I mean that more in terms of a landing rather than an oppurtunity to thank God for my talent and the ability to do a weird dance. Not that I don't like the other kind of touchdown, just that I don't have the ability, or will, to do that often.

Do I sound groggy? Cause I should. The flight was a little late. Left Calgary at 8:15pm, in flight for 9 hours, arrived in London at after 5am my time or noonish here. I slept for about an hour in total on the flight. Got to London, went to the shops with Soph, sacked out on the couch for four hours and am now getting this down while Stephen cooks dinner. I did learn something terrible though.

Dun dun duuuuhhh...

Apparently "Knock you up in the morning" means preggers (Thanks Ali G) not come visit. So much for that plan. I just noticed the keyboard I'm working with is kind of different from back home in that some of the symbols are in "the wrong place".

In other news I'm having an ethical crisis about not telling people about this trip. Only two people in Edmonton know about it, and that list does not include a couple of people that were talking about coming t0 visit me, and some that I really feel I shouldn't keep major secrets from. Hopefully they will forgive and understand that there was no malice intended (HINT HINT). As recompense all I can offer is myself as I have decided to move to Edmonton when I return.

Anyway, I'm off to eat dinner and then try to operate the shower, it's. I'll try to post some pictures this evening as well as hopefully getting some postcards.

Oh, and I actually really like "She Wants Revenge" although my computers complete unwillingness to let me change my ipod means that I don't get to hear it again until I get back.

My list of to do things in London includes the usual museums, and the Sherlock Holmes Museum for Mom. I also think I might feel compelled to track down something suitably gothic (such as Poe's grave or somesuch) so I can start building some Goth Street Cred.

Well, off to the shops again, soon some postcards.

Update, no postcards. However tomorrow is my first foray into London proper with no escort. Will Bne survive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home